Mouthguards are an essential piece of safety equipment for many sports, from football and rugby to boxing and even some extreme activities. Wearing mouthguards during sports can help protect your mouth and teeth from serious injury.
3 Mouthguard Benefits
Some sports require mouthguards to support and protect youth athletes from physically altering trauma. In addition to mouth protection, mouthguards can provide numerous other benefits.
There are a variety of mouthguard benefits that come with using a mouthguard during sports:
- Protect teeth — Mouthguards protect your mouth and teeth from any trauma or impact caused by contact sports or activities. This can help prevent damage to the mouth that could result in pain, costly dental repair bills, or even permanent injuries.
- Reduce the risk of concussions — Wearing a mouthguard can also help reduce the risk of concussions and other head injuries. By absorbing some of the impacts from collisions or tackles, mouthguards can help decrease the intensity of a blow to your head and thus reduce the likelihood of concussion.
- Improve performance — Not only do mouthguards protect you from injury, but they may also improve performance! Some mouthguards are designed with a particular material that helps maintain mouth pressure and can help improve breathing while playing sports.
At Wambaugh Dental, we understand the importance of mouthguards during sports and provide Under Armour mouthguards to help protect your mouth from potential trauma. Contact us at 281.501.7849 to learn more about how a mouthguard can protect you.
Under Armour Mouthguards and Sports
Under Armour mouthpieces provide unparalleled protection and comfort with their top-notch materials. Our custom-fitting design ensures an accurate form of your smile while also providing relief on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). They can assist in preventing impact damage and possible harm due to contact sports.
We recommend wearing a mouthguard for a variety of sports, including:
- Field hockey
Wear your mouthguard for each practice and game to protect your teeth and gums from potential damage. This commitment will help you avoid costly dental treatments that may result from injury or trauma.
Mouthguards don’t just have to be for contact sports, either. Some even require them. Here are some options we offer:
- Experience the highest level of performance with Under Armour’s Performance Mouthpiece, explicitly designed for non-contact sports such as baseball, golf, tennis, cycling, and running.
- The Under Armor Performance Mouthguard is designed to provide superior protection for athletes for contact sports such as football, hockey, lacrosse, martial arts, and wrestling.
- The Under Armour Performance Alloy Mouthpiece is designed to provide maximum protection for non-contact sports players. Its robust construction ensures superior long-term performance and durability, so you can focus on the game without worrying about your safety.
Many think that only contact sports can cause damage to teeth or concussions, but this isn’t the case. It’s essential to understand the risk prevention that mouthguards can provide a sports player.
Your dentist is an authorized provider of Under Armour Performance Mouthpieces and is pleased to offer patients the same mouthguards and mouthpieces used by hundreds of professional, Olympic, and collegiate athletes. If you’re an athlete, give us a call and schedule an appointment for a quick, 20-minute custom mouthguard fitting.
Mouthguards for Sports at Wambaugh Dental
At Wambaugh Dental, we offer Under Armour mouthguards with premium Armourbite™ technology to provide the best mouth protection. Contact us at 281.501.7849 to learn more about mouthguard fittings and the mouthguard benefits that come with them.
We look forward to helping you protect your mouth during sports so you can perform your best!