When a tooth has broken or is missing, it can impact your self-esteem, comfort, and overall health. The good news is that dental implants can help. Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing or damaged teeth, and they can help you regain your confidence and improve your oral health.
Find out more about teeth implants today by reaching out to Wambaugh Dental. We offer residents in and around Woodlands, TX, high-quality services for teeth restoration and general oral health. Talk to our friendly staff today when you send us an appointment request online, or call 281.501.7849.
How Do Teeth Implants Operate?
Teeth implants replace missing or cracked teeth permanently, using an implanted post to anchor a natural-looking crown. The process involves several steps, including:
- Extraction of teeth that are to be replaced, if necessary
- Surgical implantation of a post made of biomedical titanium
- Fusion of implant into the jawbone, which forms a strong foundation
- Installation of custom crowns onto the post
After the post is implanted, you will have to wait two weeks for your gums and jaw to heal, fusing the implant as it does. Your dentist will attach an abutment onto the implant, which may also take some time to heal before the crown is attached. Depending on your needs, you may receive a bridge or even a set of dentures rather than a crown.
Are You a Good Candidate for Implants?
Teeth implants can offer long-term peace of mind, as they are strong and resilient. However, before you decide to get teeth implants, you will need a dentist to clear you for the surgery. Those with low bone mass in their jaw may require a bone graft before getting teeth implants. Other conditions that may prevent you from getting implants include autoimmune diseases, heavy smoking habits, and poor oral hygiene.
At Wambaugh Dental, we provide teeth implants for Woodlands, TX, residents at our comfortable office and state-of-the-art equipment. But teeth implant services, including:
- Autogenous bone grafting, in which surplus bone from the chin or jaw is removed and grafted into the implant site
- Implant site development, in which bone grafting is done in the same procedure as the removal of the infected or broken tooth that will be replaced
- Computer-enhanced planning, which uses a 3D dental CT scan to check your bone quality, quantity, and location so that teeth implants can be perfectly placed
- Implant maintenance, including professional cleanings and dental imaging
When you get teeth implants, you can treat them just like regular teeth, which people find most beneficial. You can brush and floss them like regular teeth. Your dentist will advise you on how to care for them, and keeping your teeth in good health will ensure the longevity of teeth implants.
Other Dental Services at Wambaugh Dental
Preventative care can help you keep both your natural teeth and your teeth implants healthy and strong. At Wambaugh Dental, we are happy to provide full general dentistry services, including:
- Emergency dental care
- Pediatric dentistry
- Sedation dentistry
- TMJ-TMD treatments
- Gum disease treatments
- Occlusal disease treatments
- Sleep aids and mouth guards
Find Your Smile at Wambaugh Dental
No one should have to feel uncomfortable with their teeth or smile. You can smile wider and brighter when you have a complete set of healthy teeth. Find out more today about how you can benefit from Wambaugh Dental’s top-notch dental services.
You can walk out of Wambaugh Dental with teeth implants feeling as though you have your natural teeth again. Don’t wait to restore the health and beauty of your smile and reach out to Wambaugh Dental online, or call 281.501.7849 to make an appointment today. We’ll help you get your smile back.