Bad breath can be a huge deterrent for many people when they’re talking to someone. It can ruin interviews, date nights, and much more. In addition, there are several causes of bad breath, from eating certain foods to poor dental hygiene and upkeep. It can feel overwhelming and embarrassing to deal with bad breath, but it’s not always hard to get rid of it. Using simple techniques, you can learn how to target bad breath causes and rid yourself of a smelly mouth once and for all. In addition, if you are dealing with bad breath, call Wambaugh Dental at 844.508.1034 to get professional treatment.
What Are the Causes of Bad Breath?
Bad breath isn’t always just caused by one particularly pungent piece of food stuck in your teeth. There are several different causes, some more serious than others, such as:
- Food: This is the most obvious one. If you have eaten certain foods like onion or garlic, and they’re stuck in your teeth, you might have to deal with bad breath for a while.
- Tobacco: If you smoke or use oral tobacco, you have a higher risk of suffering from bad breath.
- Inadequate dental care: If you aren’t brushing and flossing regularly, food particles will build up in your mouth, causing bad breath.
- Dry mouth: “Morning breath” that occurs when you sleep with your mouth open is a perfect example of what happens when you have too little saliva in your mouth.
- Medications: Some medications can cause bad breath.
- Infections in the mouth: If you have a gum or tooth infection, you should see a dentist as soon as possible, not just because of the bad breath it causes.
Fortunately, there are several steps you can stop bad breath.
How Do You Solve Bad Breath?
There are some simple ways to fix bad breath causes. Ideally, you should speak with an experienced and professional dentist to figure out the cause of your bad breath. However, there are still some things you can do at home to prevent or treat bad breath, such as:
- Brush your teeth after you eat. If you work in an office, take a toothbrush with you to work.
- Floss regularly. Flossing helps get food particles that brushing misses.
- Brush your tongue. Your tongue often has bacteria on it that can cause a smelly mouth.
- Clean your dentures regularly. Food particles can get stuck in your dentures, leading to bad breath.
- Avoid stinky foods like onions and garlic.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, and choose one that has soft bristles.
If these steps don’t work to manage your bad breath, you should speak to your dentist. They can help prevent or fix more serious causes of bad breath.
Contact Wambaugh Dental Today For Fixing Bad Breath
If you’re fed up with dealing with your bad breath, you should schedule an appointment with your dentist to see what’s going on. Here are a few pointers for how to prepare for your appointment:
- Schedule a morning appointment. If you eat something very strong-smelling for lunch, that might hinder an afternoon dental exam.
- Don’t wear perfume or cologne. The strong smell will affect your dentist’s ability to diagnose bad breath accurately.
- If you’ve taken antibiotics within a month of your appointment, you should check to see if the appointment should be rescheduled.
If you are suffering from the embarrassing effects of bad breath, you are not alone. Wambaugh Dental can help. We have a professional, board-certified team of dentists and dental assistants that are ready and able to fix your bad breath. So, don’t worry. You’re in good hands with Wambaugh Dental. Call us today at 844.508.1034, or contact us online to schedule an appointment and fix your bad breath for good.