Sedation dentistry is a type of care service we offer to help those with dental anxiety to feel more at ease getting the dental care they need. Many people struggle with a fear of the dentist. Many do not know why. Yet, what research indicates is that poor oral health contributes to a lack of overall general health. You should not have to put off your dental care because of your fear. At Wambaugh Dental, we offer a treatment option that can help you. Call our team at 844.508.1034 today to learn about sedation dentistry services.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
The goal of sedation dentistry is to reduce the anxiety you feel about dental care. Many people can benefit from this type of care if they have:
- A limited pain threshold
- Sensitive teeth
- Concern about pain or discomfort
- General anxiety about dental procedures
- A bad gag reflex
In these situations, you still need dental care, but you may not be able to get it easily because of these feelings. Sedation dentistry allows us to offer treatment to help you to reduce these feelings.
What Type of Sedation Dentistry Services Are Available?
Sedation is available in several forms. When you are coming in for a procedure, let our team know ahead of time about your desire to use this service. If you want to do so, we’ll talk about the range of options available to you and how they work. Some of those options include:
- Nitrous oxide: This is a sedative that our dentist provides during your procedure. You receive this treatment through inhalation. Many people call this treatment ‘laughing gas’ because of the relaxation it creates. It helps to reduce most types of discomfort.
- Oral sedation: Some people know that they will come in for a dental appointment, and they’re worried about it. We can provide oral sedation, a pill that you can take up to an hour before your appointment, which can help to reduce anxiety during the procedure.
- Sedation: For those who are going through a more advanced procedure, such as an extraction or root canal, we may recommend the use of an IV sedation. This treatment can help to ease you into a state of relaxation. You may be asleep during the procedure. You will not feel pain or discomfort during it.
When is this type of treatment necessary? That depends on a few things. First, if you are going through a procedure that causes pain or discomfort, therapy reduces that pain is always beneficial. We do not want you to be in pain during or after your procedure.
For those who have dental anxiety, it’s really up to you to discuss with us what’s happening and how you feel. Don’t feel bad about doing so. Many people have this type of fear. Your dentist understands it and is happy to help you through it.
When Should You Talk to Use About Sedation Dentistry Services?
If you’re unsure if you need this type of service, reach out and discuss your needs with our team. We may recommend it to you for some procedures, including:
- Dental implant procedures
- Tooth extraction procedures
- Repair of traumatic injuries
- Gum disease treatment
- Cracked teeth repair
With a bit of help, you can maintain your oral health while also ensuring you remain at ease with care. Our compassionate dental team is here to support you.
Call Wambaugh Dental Today
Sedation dentistry is one of the options we can offer to you at Wambaugh Dental. Many people have dental anxiety that’s uncontrolled in other ways. That should not stop you from getting the care you need. To learn more about our sedation dentistry in Texas, call our team today at 844.508.1034 or connect with us online now.